5 Things to Consider When Using an Online Logo Maker
A logo is the organization’s face that customers identify with. Furthermore, it brands and markets a business. When designing a logo, you can either use professional graphic design softwares such as Illustrator, CorelDraw among others. The other options are by using an online logo maker or hiring a professional logo designer.
Let’s look at how you can use an online logo maker.
How to Use an Online Logo Maker
An online logo maker is a platform that offers you an opportunity to design a logo using an online template.
- Setting company details: – Online logo maker requires you to enter your company details like name, industry, and baseline.
- Selecting a suitable template: – The online logo maker offers a wide range of templates to choose from based on company details you provide.
- Logo customization: – Online logo makers provide easy to use tools that will help you in customizing colors, logo layout, and fonts.
- Then you can download and print your logo.
Things to Consider When Using an Online Logo Maker
- Brand message and uniquenessYour logo design should portray the brand story of the organization and be distinguishable from the competitors. For your logo to become famous, it must be unique and easy to perceive. The logo must also relate to your industry.Should communicate to your audience the traits and concepts that are most important and which sets you apart.
When setting the brand message, make it simple and proportional in your design. A complex brand message is not easy to get, especially when driving past a billboard or watching short-run commercials.
- Choice of color and fontsColor choice impacts greatly on people’s perception of a logo. According to experts, color increases brand recognition by up to 80%. Color shades have different meanings, depending on their presentation. For example, a red shade will not work well with a law firm.The color shades you use should also enable you to display your logo on a different background or in reverse colors. It’s essential for small upcoming businesses because, in future, demand for your logo on different media and platforms may arise.
The typeface you choose should be legible- some font tends to overlap on each other and may convey a different meaning than what you aim. The font should be in such a way that when in large or very small print the audience can still read them.
- Elements To Include In Your Logo and the ApplicationsThere are three types of logo:A Word mark: – a logo of typography only. Your logo can have the full company name, part of the name, or just the company initials. A word mark will make people know you and also offers an excellent avenue for customizing the logo for different brands. Examples include Google, FedEx and Mobil logos.
A logo mark which is an identifying symbol representing your organization. The symbol of your choice must be unique and one which your target customers can identify with. This will ensure your logo drives a strong and wide recognition. Examples of logo mark include Tweeter, Caltex and Apple logos
Combination logo: it is a logo you design using both symbols and typography. This type of logo is ideal because you can either use the symbol or the typography alone when branding. You may also use them together. This makes it more flexible for use on different platforms. Examples Nike, BP, and Windows logos.
A logo uses various media. You should be practical on the medium for use with the logo. Your logo must support print and electronic media.
You must design your logo in such a way that it is scalable for use in small print, for example, business cards and large print like billboards.
- Limitations of The Logo Maker and Copyright IssuesYou may choose an online template that limits the design use. There is also a possibility of someone else using the same template. This may result in not having a unique logo because millions of internet users have access to the same online logo maker you may choose.Your logo may also lack access to copyrights and trademarks. Therefore, you might require legal expertise for your identity protection. As a designer or the owner of a logo made using an online logo maker the process of obtaining copyrights can be tedious.
- CostMost online logo makers are not entirely free. You might have to inquire cost to use some extra features or templates. Even when you are through with your design many online logo makers imprints their watermark on your logo. And you will have to pay to get rid of the watermark. Therefore there are still hidden costs which limit your possibilities.
When using an online logo maker, consider the above things and the type of logo you want to design.
Look for an online logo maker that offers most options, templates, and freedom. You should be aware of any extra costs that might be needed to access finer tools and remove watermarks.
But, if you hire a professional logo designer, you are assured of a logo that truly speaks your brand.